Thursday 12 August 2010

A new interest...

I had such fun taking photographs at the Hotrod Hayride this year that I'm seriously considering starting evening classes in photography or something.. Most of the photos I've taken before have just been of drunken nights out but at the Hayride I really got into creating compositions and trying to create an atmosphere. Most of all I wanted to make them look "vintage", as if you could imagine they were taken in the 40s and 50s. I love old photographs, be they black and white or colour. I love photographs from the 1950s of gas stations, cars and long highways, and also of people. I guess it would be impossible now to create photographs like that but you can still buy old fashioned cameras. The shop I work in sells holgas and pinhole cameras. I'm thinking of buying one and getting the film. I remember taking photographs at college and developing them myself in the dark room. I'd love to have another go at it. These are the kind of images I love.
I love these photographs and wish it was possible to recreate them today. Everything looks so clean and bright. I think I might start scouring second hand shops and junk shops for old photographs. I could spend all day looking at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment