Friday 20 August 2010

feeling peaky

I've had a cold for nearly two weeks now... it started, as it always does, with a sore throat one evening and then progressively it gets worse. My nose won't stop running and I feel constantly tired. As soon as I lay my head down at night I start coughing relentlessly. It says something about the weather at the moment that colds are doing the rounds at supposedly the height of summer. Today is wet, windy and damp. Yesterday it was raining and I was cooking and the windows steamed up. Maybe these viruses and bugs are confused and think it's November...


 I've also cut my fringe back in again. And as soon as I stepped out this morning, lo and behold the wind starts up and within a few seconds my fringe has been blown out of shape and looks a fright. How I long to live somewhere with a consistent climate, like LA... somewhere where you can style your hair perfectly and not be afraid to step outside for fear of the wind making it look like you've been dragged through a hedge. Whenever I see pictures of Dita Von Teese it's always in sunshine, she is always drenched in sunlight so her hair looks gorgeous. I can't imagine her putting up with a climate like Britain's. If you want to look glamorous Britain is not the place to live. Curling and setting your hair is an exercise in futility for as soon as you walk out the door, the elements will decide to undo your hard work immediately. As soon as I got to work this morning I rushed straight to the bathroom, comb ready, desperately trying to salvage the curls and make my fringe do what it did this morning. Oh, and I forgot my make up bag. Today is not shaping up very well...

No comments:

Post a Comment