Friday 22 October 2010

I Got the Sickness Blues...

I'm afraid this is going to be a rather miserable, whiny post as I'm not feeling too good at the moment and who knows, maybe putting into my blog how I feel might make me feel better? It all started when I got back from my glorious trip to Spain. It was a holiday of such unimagined beauty and enjoyment that I think it was pretty obvious I was going to slip into some post-vacation depression. Arriving back in England to grey, overcast, chilly weather didn't help one bit. It also didn't help that the following week I had to go to London for work. I had been dreading it for weeks and being in Spain took my mind off it completely. The first night I was in London I started feeling ill and since then (roughly a month ago) I have been feeling out of sorts. I have had two colds in that space. The first, which took hold the day after I got back from London was not too bad. I had a day or two of feeling unwell but then it passed. But the most recent, from which I am still suffering, gripped me completely. It was more like flu, as I could barely move. I loathe illness. I hate the way it stops you from doing normal, basic things. I'm the sort of person that likes to be doing things. I can't bear sitting around doing nothing so to be ill in bed is hell for me. I think I drive my boyfriend crazy, because being ill just makes me feel even more stressed out so I tend to moan even more than usual!

I'm starting to feel better but even so, I still feel this virus is still going to be inside me. I'm paranoid now that I'm going to be plagued by illness all winter. I've started taking Vitamin C tablets and upped my fruit and veg portions every day. I'm gripped with paranoia that this illness has taken over me for good any attempt to revive my immune system is going to be an exercise in futility. I've booked some time off work next week in an attempt to recuperate fully. Alas I fear a few days is not enough,a month would probably do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment